Pages

Saturday, March 27, 2010

Whew - it's been a while ...

... hasn't it? Lots of "life" goin' on these days. Cari was home for spring break and Bob threw us some curve balls with a health issue. Suffice to say, Cari didn't have much of a break on her spring break. We're trying to get back to "normal," whatever that means. Sometimes you have to settle for a new normal.

I finally surrendered to my sleep issues and got a prescription for Ambien back in January. Started off with 5mg and increased it to 10mg in February. After a couple of months of getting some decent sleep I'm beginning to feel better than I have in a long time. I actually have some energy these days and it feels good! I think the increased energy level has spurred me on to do some much needed spring cleaning. I worked in my kitchen this past week, cleaning out cabinets, closet, pantry, etc. I'm hoping to get to the drawers next week. It feels so good to be able to open a door and actually see what's in there - and to know what I've got and what I need. My closet will be next - good grief, I won't even go there. I'm not sure it's ever been this bad before. I could take pix of before and after ... but I won't. On to other things ...

Don't feel like I've accomplished much in the way of knitting this past month. I did manage to finish a pair of socks for Cari and have started some others, but haven't completed anything else.


From Knitting


Not sure what's going on lately with my color choices - I used to be quite a bit more conservative. Check out my next pair of socks I'm working on:


From Knitting

I also started my chenille scarf in these gorgeous, bold colors:


From Knitting


I'm using a favorite standby pattern - Misti Alpaca Ribs and Ruffles (without the ruffles).

I can't wait to finish this cape! I simply fell in love with the colors and feel of this Kudo yarn:


From Knitting


From Knitting


Off to, hopefully, visit Mom's this afternoon - and maybe get some new pix of Zach. Then Cari and I are off to the Ted Constant Center tonight to see Jeff Dunham!!! We are SO EXCITED!!!!

til next time ...
QB

No comments:

Post a Comment