Pages

Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Christmas Books

Getting those Christmas stories out in December ranks right up there with my Christmas music! I love listening to my favorite Christmas tunes while doing just about anything getting ready for the holidays. The only time I'm not listening to Christmas music or reading a Christmas story is when I'm watching Christmas movies! Love them too!! In fact, it's December 30 and I still have a few on my DVR I haven't watched yet. If they're new ones (to me) I'll make time to watch them. If not, I'll probably delete and move on. This year I loved "The Ultimate Gift" and "The Three Gifts" on the Hallmark Channel. And, oh my, what's not to love about Drew Fuller ("The Ultimate Gift")? wiping drool off my chin ... LOL

I try to pick up a couple of new Christmas novels along with one or two new Christmas albums each year too. This year I found:

"The Perfect Christmas" by Debbie Macomber
"Mrs. Miracle" by Debbie Macomber
"Angel Lane" by Sheila Roberts

I enjoyed all three book and will definitely keep them in my collection. I had finished "Mrs. Miracle" a couple of days before receiving the email from Debbie Macomber excited about the new movie on Hallmark! I immediately went to my TV to find and record it. Cari and I watched it Monday night and it was really cute. As always, I find myself a bit disappointed in movies made from books I've read (especially when it's still fresh in my mind), but I still enjoyed it. "Angel Lane" by Sheila Roberts was a delightful surprise. As I've bitched about in the past, I've gotten burned picking up authors I've never heard of, much less read. I took a chance on this one and was really glad I did. I was immediately drawn into the story and lives of such wonderful characters. I thoroughly enjoyed their wit, compassion, laughter and fears. I will be picking up more of Sheila's works.

I haven't decided what's next. Will have to let you know ...

until then,
Love and Laughter,
QB

No comments:

Post a Comment