Pages

Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Merry Christmas!


Another year bites the dust. I know I say this every year, but I don't know where the days, weeks and months go so fast. And every year I swear I'm going to simplify so I can enjoy the season more. And every year it seems I do manage to eliminate something but either it isn't enough or I manage to fill that slot with something else, because it always comes way too fast.

This year I did quite a bit of knitting and beading for gifts - oh and a bit of sewing too! Now that I have a grand baby I seem to find even more projects to fill my time. Making quite a few of the fabric books was one of my projects. I think I made about seven of them this year. Once I got the hang of it, they went pretty quickly. The girls (Heidi and Cari) both got several scarves in addition to quite a few quick "Drop Stitch" scarves I managed to crank out for some other gifts. Ribbon bookmarks and candle bracelets were also big on my list this year. (Note to self: make a list of who you gave them to this year so you don't duplicate them next year!)

I didn't get much baking done this year (not that I need it anyway) and believe it or not, we really didn't have that many parties to attend either. Like I said, I just don't know where the days went! Our tree wasn't even "dressed" until December 15 this year. That is WAY late for me. Needless to say, it's still up and lit - I'm still enjoying it. As Cari and I were trimming it, we ended up leaving it very simple this year. It has lights, beads (need new ones next year - the blue just doesn't show up well), poinsettias and pine cones on it. When we stood back to survey it, we both looked at each other and said, "I think that's it. It looks good like it is." So, the only ornament on my tree this year is my "Grandmas First Christmas." I picked it up during our S&B Outerbanks trip in March of this year.

(Sigh ...)
but the time is quickly approaching to take everything down and get back to "normal" whatever that is. I'm still enjoying my time with Cari so most of my "normal" stuff must wait until she goes back on the 10th. Then I'll get back to business. Hopefully I'll have some new Morgan photos to share next time I'm back. (We haven't seen her for Christmas yet - they've all been sick. :( Hopefully, Saturday we'll get to see her.)

until then,
QB signing off ...

No comments:

Post a Comment