Pages

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Happy 21st Birthday!



I Blinked

Happy Birthday Honey
Can’t believe you’re 21.
How can that be possible?
Where has the time gone?
I have this slideshow
Flipping through my mind
Of so many memories
As I rewind.

What happened? What went wrong?
I guess I blinked, just a little too long.

Just yesterday
You were a little girl
With pigtails and braids
In a make-believe world.
Now you’re a young woman
Living her own life
Making her own decisions
Like a bird taking flight.

What happened? What went wrong?
I guess I blinked, just a little too long.

Even as a teenager
You were such a delight
We laughed ‘til we cried
Many a night.
Now you’re off at college
Doing your own thing
And I watch with pride
As you spread your wings.

What happened? What went right?
I guess I blinked, and woke to a beautiful sight.

Love you,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment