Pages

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

More Magic

Magic Kingdom was our focus today - apparently Magic Kingdom was the focus for A LOT of people today, at least it sure looked like a lot of people to us. The first thing we managed to accomplish was a little shopping. I mean hey, do you know how difficult it is to walk past all those shops and not peek inside? We well had resisted all we could resist and browsed a few of them. Besides we had a little time to kill before the "Move It! Celebrate It! Shake It! Street Party." Mom and Cari each found a Pandora Disney bead for their bracelet. Regina gave me a Mickey head for Christmas so I was already set and didn't see anything else I couldn't live without. Mom also found some beautiful etched glasses for the grandkids. I was still in the shopping phase and didn't buy anything ... yet.

Eventually we moved along to the front of the castle where the street party would be. We didn't have long to wait before the music started. Pluto was one of the characters leading the parade, followed by Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Goofy and more. The energy was infectious as the floats made their way around the circle. Once they were all surrounding us, the parade stopped and everyone was invited into the street to celebrate and dance! It was awesome!! This was definitely one of our favorite things of the day.






Bob darted over to get us some Fast Passes for Buzz Lightyear. We had about an hour or so before it was time to go back and Stitches Great Escape was on our list of things to investigate (and it was close by). The wait wasn't too long so we got in line. The show takes place in a theater-in-the-round venue where you're strapped in to experience all kinds of audio, video and Audio-Animatronic technology. It was good but I'm glad we didn't have to wait a long time. While we all enjoyed it, it won't make our top three list. Then guess what we did? I know you'll never guess ... no, not eat - at least not yet. We shopped!!! LOL Again!! Do you know how stoked Bob was about this? Don't think any of us bought anything but we enjoyed looking. OK, now guess what we did? ... yup, it was time to eat again! Lunchtime! More delicious, healthy food! Let's not go there, shall we?

By the time we finished it was time to return to Buzz Lightyear. This was one ride we remembered enjoying so much, we couldn't wait to do it again. Bob's pretty good at those laser thingies. I was pretty good at controlling the spinner but didn't get many points but had a blast (pun intended) playing. In fact, we had so much fun the first time that Bob went back and got more Fast Passes for later!

We didn't have too long to wait so we got in line for the Speedway. Two passengers to a car so we split up. Bob and Cari in one and Mom and I in the other. Mom drove - let me just say it's a good thing it wasn't real because she had major problems keeping that car in the right lane. If the guide hadn't been there she'd have been all over the place! LOL





Back over to Buzz Lightyear we go, to ride again. I was hopeful I'd do better this time. It all started off well ... but then fell apart about half-way through. The power died and we had nothing ... I mean nothing. After several minutes it started back up, then died again. This happened several times until we managed to finish the ride. We later heard it was closed completely so I guess they really did have a major problem with it. Bob was on a roll too, he was up to 99,999. I think I made it up to 40,000ish.




On the way to Frontierland to ride the Big Thunder Mountain Railroad we stopped to watch another parade - Celebrate A Dream Come True. We didn't have a great spot so I didn't get great photos but it was still good - not as good as the first one but still a wonderful parade.






Bob didn't want to ride the railroad so he played on my iPod and held the bags and cameras. Mom wasn't too sure about it but was a good sport and did it anyway. It was another pretty mild roller coaster - not bad at all. Fun enough but not too intense. The Haunted Mansion was close and Cari and I really wanted to do that. I guess it just wasn't meant to be though. The wait was way too long and we were tired. We stopped for ice cream on the way to Space Mountain. It was almost time for us to return with our Fast Passes.


We couldn't quite figure out why Bob was willing to ride Space Mountain when he wouldn't ride anything else - at least not a roller coaster. We rode some pretty mild ones and he wouldn't have any of it. But for whatever reason he was ok with riding this one. Um, it was pretty intense. The only thing it didn't do was loop upside down. I think it 'bout did Mom in! LOL I've got to hand it to her, she was willing to try just about anything. Cari and I loved it. I think once was enough for Mom. But hey, at least she did it once!


Space Mountain was our last hoorah for the day. On the way out of the park, guess what we did? Yup, again! We shopped! Bob had seen a hat at one place he wanted to go back and get. Mom and Cari had seen hoodies they wanted to go back and get. Plus they had packages to pick up on the way out. Even though it was fairly early, it took us a while to get out of the park and into our car. I kept stopping to snap pictures. I love taking night-time shots.




Cari had spotted a Bennigan's Tavern the other day and had been craving their Kilkenny's Chicken Salad ever since. Our Bennigan's closed a couple of years ago. That salad was one of our favorites and it's been quite a while since we've had it. In preparation for finding it, we actually had the GPS in the car. The only thing we didn't plan on was not being able to find a place to plug it in. Do they really make cars now with no cigarette lighters? We were driving a brand new Impala so I guess anything is possible. Thankfully, it had a little bit of battery left and Cari powered it up. We headed to the closest one listed - it was closed. No, I mean closed down. For good. She looked at the next one on the list. It wasn't too far, and was on the way back to the condo, so we followed those directions ... to no avail. We never did find that one. The only thing we could figure is one of the restaurants we saw took it over and while the address was correct, it wasn't Bennigan's - and obviously the database Cari's GPS was reading from isn't a current database. Bob spotted an Uno's and we pulled in. At this point just about anything was sounding good. We were sitting there eat our dinner, minding our own business when a guy at another booth blew his nose and honked like a goose. I'm sorry. I guess I was punchy. I get even goofier when I get punchy. I laughed 'til I cried. I couldn't help it. I couldn't stop! Cari informed me in the car I was being rude. Again, I'm sorry. I really couldn't help it. I couldn't have stopped laughing if my life had depended on it. Needless to say, that was our laugh of the day. And needless to say, I was exhausted.



... and tomorrow is another day. :)

Top 3:
Mom - Parade, Train, Buzz Lightyear
Cari - Space Mountain, Parade, Train
Bob - Buzz Lightyear, Parade, Uno's
Me - Parade, Space Mountain, Train

Loot List:
Zip-up Hoodies - all of us
Cari - Long Sleeve Tee, Mug, Pandora Bead, hat
Mom - glasses for kids, hoodie, mugs (Stacey, Matt, herself), Pandora Bead, shot glass, CDs
Me - hoodie, tee-shirt, hat
Bob - hat

Laugh of the day - "Honk"

No comments:

Post a Comment