Pages

Friday, August 28, 2009

July/August FO's ...

This is the infamous multi fiber wrap Regina and I took a class to learn how to make. I love how it turned out. I'm now looking forward to making one from my stash using some funky fibers. :) I should get lots of opportunities to wear it. FRONT:

BACK:

CLOSEUP:

My FIRST pair of socks!! :) I've been wanting to learn how to do socks for quite a while. It just seemed that every time I started a pair something more important came up and I would end up aborting them. I have two sock books, so one day decided to get them out and learn how to do them on my own. I chose regular old Red Heart worsted weight acrylic so I could use larger needles and be able to learn the construction and finish them quickly. And I made them one at a time. I now have my first pair of two at a time on the needles but haven't gotten back to them in a few weeks. Since these are worsted weight they turned out more as slipper socks instead of socks you can actually wear with shoes, but that's ok. I learned the basic construction! I'm so tickled! LOL


This is the green scarf I finished for Cari. It's very soft and the perfect weight. I'm very happy with the results but I will have to say the pattern got pretty boring after a while.


This is the latest FO - just last night. It still needs to be washed and blocked - it needs some serious stretching. I would've made it longer but ran out of yarn - it needed at least one more rectangle. Oh well, hopefully the blocking will give me enough length. Oh and BTW the pattern is in the "Luxury Yarn One Skein Wonders" book. Be sure to check the errata page for any pattern in this book. There was a couple for this one as well.



Still OTN (on the needles) is a 3-wrap for ME!; a black gray multi directional scarf and a pair of socks.

Have a great day!
QB

No comments:

Post a Comment