Pages

Monday, September 28, 2009

What fun!!

We FINALLY got our play time Saturday night!! Missy and I that is. It's been way too long - sometime in May - since we've played. Of course our "date" starts out with shopping. We always are short on some supplies for whatever we're doing - plus I always hoard some 40% off coupons that week too! Our list of choices is entirely too long to be sane. We discussed all these options:

  • Scrapping
  • Making cards
  • Knitting and/or Crocheting
  • Making Candles
  • Making Soap
  • Sewing (some fun projects in mind)
  • Beading - bookmarks this time
  • Xmas Gifts (can't tell you about them)
Scrapping and beading won out this time. We both bought some much needed paper packs, some new stamps, new ribbon and a few beads. So much fun!! We worked up an appetite with all of our shopping (Beach Scrapbooks, TJ Max & Michael's) our mouths were watering in anticipation of the delicious chicken nachos at Havana's. =:)

After a couple of brews and nachos, it was eventually time to head back and get to work. Opening and playing with all of our new loot (I think I used everything I bought except one stamp set!) was so much fun. Of course just being together was the best part. We lasted until about 1:30am and decided to call it a night. These are the beaded ribbon bookmarks I made:



Missy packed up about 10am in the morning and we headed to Panera for a breakfast sandwich and a wee bit more shopping. We've been doing this for many years now and we sure can tell when it's been too long. When life gets too busy and we don't get our time together we literally go into detox.

Oh I forgot! One of the things I found was my broom for Halloween!! It even has a purple band on it that matches my costume! :D Our Bunco group's next game is Oct 31 and we're all dressing up as witches. Yes, I will definitely have my camera ready that night!

Okay - off to do some domestic chores ...

No comments:

Post a Comment