Pages

Monday, May 10, 2010

Happy Mother's Day!

Cari found the PERFECT t-shirt for me! I LOVE it!! And Bob got me another bead for my bracelet - "GRANDMOTHER." :D How can I not smile




It's always a good day when you're with family. Cari being home made it that much more wonderful. Our day started out with breakfast at Rock-a-fellers. Yummmm! The omelet was ok, nothing to write home about (even though I'm writing about it - hmmm), but the pomegranate mimosa was divine! :) And their cornbread is always so good I had to have a piece.



 

We came home and did a 4-mile walk around the neighborhood - had to burn off some of those calories dontchaknow! Cari and I went shopping for dinner. Tried a new recipe for salmon (it was good but we're still looking for that awesome one), had baked sweet potatoes and peas to go with it. Tried some new organic wine with dinner too - I think it gave me a headache, well something did. About an hour or so after dinner we tried to go to Cold Stone for dessert. None of us had been there in ages. The line was almost out the door so we left and went to Handel's. Bob got a simple double dip (strawberry & chocolate), I got a Reese Cup Hurricane and Cari got nothing. She didn't see anything she wanted to waste the calories on. We sat down and watched some DVR'd shows and I finished a knitting project, then headed to bed.

Happy Mother's Day to all the wonderful mothers in my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment