Pages

Sunday, December 26, 2010

A White Christmas! (sort of ...)

We haven't had a white Christmas since 1948, and we barely had one this year ... but we sure had a white day after Christmas this year! Talk about the blizzard of Christmas 2010. I started taking pictures as soon as my feet hit the floor - and pretty much all day long. Cari, Matt and I went out once but the rest of my shots were taken from inside and open doors. Oh wait, I did go back out to get some of the Cardinal shots. It snowed all day long and was still snowing when we went to bed around midnight. Sometime in the afternoon I put a ruler in the snow on the deck (it's actually still there) and it measured about 7". By the time we went to bed it was up to 12" ... crazy!









As we watched the 11 o'clock news they said with the preliminary totals this is the third biggest snow on record for our area. No way was anyone expecting this. In fact, we were on the border for the 2"-4" area. Guess they missed that huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment