Pages

Sunday, May 24, 2009

Books I read while on vacation ...

I was in the middle of Sandra Brown's new book, "Smoke Screen" before we got on the road. I finished it before we arrived in Myrtle Beach. Needless to say, it was a page turner. I can usually count on one of her books keeping my attention and not disappointing me. "Smoke Screen" was no exception. It was wonderful!!

Deciding to venture into unknown waters, I picked up "A Girl's Guide to Witchcraft" by Mindy Klasky. I enjoyed the light-hearted, easy to read book. In fact, I enjoyed it so much I had to go buy the next two in the series. I didn't even know they existed until the end of the book. I read the first half of the next book, "Sorcery and the Single Girl" on the way home. Unfortunately, I haven't had the time to finish it yet.

The next book I picked up was a new author for me: John Sandford's "Silent Prey." I muddled through almost 100 pages before finally giving up. It wasn't so much the style of his writing, but more the substance of the storyline. The villan in this book was a demented doctor who gets his rocks off on draining people of their blood through the carotid artery and documenting all the mental and physical symptoms until they died. I just don't need all those details, thank you very much. I've heard lots of people like this series so I'll find another "Prey" book and give John Sandford another try sometime down the road.

The last book I completed while on vacation was Lisa Jackson's new book, "Malice." I loved it! Couldn't finish it fast enough. If you're looking for a fast action, page turner, pick it up.

TaTa for now ...

QB

No comments:

Post a Comment