Pages

Saturday, May 30, 2009

Eating my words ...

While doing my normal domestic stuff this morning (you know, laundry, loading the dishwasher, picking up, etc.) I came across a stack of mail that, apparently, my dear husband put on the counter in my craft room. I decided to go through it right then and there just to get it out of the way. I saw a couple of magazine on the bottom and assumed the rest of the stuff was junk mail he simply didn't want to take the time to go through and trash (the bills had been removed). So I opened each piece, shredding required items and trashing the rest. I was on a roll. You know how your mind wanders when you're performing such mundane tasks? I picked up the "next" envelope in the stack and my eyes grew wide when I saw the return address: Coats and Clark. Uh Oh! Yup, you guessed it. Here was my refund check for below "Moda Dea Dream Vomit." Wow. I blew that didn't I? The check was dated 5/14, which is the day we left for vacation so I know it came with the huge stack for that week. Not sure why I'm just now finding the mail or why I didn't think of asking about it before now anyway. It's been pretty hectic since we've been home is my only excuse. Anyway, just wanted to retract my opinion that Coats and Clark isn't interested in us peons and doesn't provide customer service. I would've like to hear an explanation or apology but I'd rather have a check and no letter than a letter and no check, so I'll just shut up now.

No comments:

Post a Comment