Pages

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

I am not a painter ...

We have been our remodeling our third bedroom into a craft room for over a year now. It's been a very slow process - but when we take on a challenge of that magnitude it usually takes a while to complete it. That four letter word called L-I-F-E seems to constantly get in our way. Anyway, it's almost completely finished. We just have some cosmetic painting left and I worked on my closet doors yesterday. They're going to take a while. I put the first coat of primer on them. Looks like they're going to need another coat of primer. UGH! Painting is so not one of the things I'm good at. Oh well, I'm sure the end result will be worth it.

On another note, I did manage to finish the second book in the Jane Madison series my Mindy Klasky, "Sorcery and the Single Girl." It was really good. Had a bit more substance to the story than the first book. I'm looking forward to starting the third one, "Magic and the Modern Girl." Hopefully, I'll get a chapter or two under my belt today. Between painting, lunch with a friend and some much needed grocery shopping I probably won't get much reading in.

I also have some knitting I need to finish as well. I'm working on a set of beach themed dishcloths for my neighbor before she moves out to Dallas in a couple of weeks. AND I need to finish my Omega Wrap before our S&B meeting on Friday or my peeps will shame me terribly! LOL I had planned to finish it while on vacation but that didn't happen. All I have left is the band on one end, sewing the ends together and weaving in all those ends ... not my favorite thing to do, but oh so necessary.

Until next time ...

QB

No comments:

Post a Comment