Pages

Thursday, June 25, 2009

"Wicked Game" by Lisa Jackson

After having lunch with a dear friend (Panera's Tomato and Mozzarella salad) this afternoon, I came home and finally finished another book - about time. It wasn't the book's fault it took me so long to get through this one - just life getting in the way of my hobbies yet again. I hate it when that happens. You'd think I'd be used to it by now though. Oh well, lots of stuff going on. Anyway, LOVED the book. I haven't read a Lisa Jackson I didn't like yet. Wicked Game kept me turning the pages rather quickly on those occasions I made the time to sit down and read. Each time I had to quit or turn out the light because my eyes were closing, it was accompanied with some grumbling. And no, I didn't figure it out on my own either. I had to read until the very end. I love it when that happens. I hate, though, that the book ends wide open leading you to a sequel. I don't even know if there will be a sequel, but the ending left me with more questions than answers. I'll be researching her book list for related characters and places that flow from one to the other. Iris Johansen has quite a few books that continue characters and story lines. Makes it easier to get into the book for me when I have at least a little of the background on someone.

So, this one gets 4-1/2 stars out of 5 for me. Have no clue what's next. With so much going on this weekend, I probably won't pick up a book until next week. For now, I'm off to see Kenny tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment