Pages

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Misc

Again, I don't know why this blog has become a place of confessions, but so be it. Last week I stopped by the pet store to pick up some food for Peanut. Since I was running around getting ready for the nasty weather we were supposed to get, yet again, the weekend I was on a mission. I rushed in, grabbed the bag of dog food and up the counter I went. As the clerk was ringing up the sale, I happened to notice the shape of the food on the back of the bag ... wait! It's a different shape than what I had at home.

Rewinding back to the last bag I picked up ... I noticed when I opened it that "they had changed the shape of the food." I just shrugged and thought it was "new and improved" ya know? Didn't give it a second thought. And Peanut really liked the new shape ... he was eating this food better than the "old" stuff. :D

Fast forward to this new bag ... there were two yellow bags of food, different brands. I assumed I hat picked up the different brands last time and asked the clerk to wait a minute. Picked up the other bag and looked on the back ... lo and behold that shape was the same as the other bag. I even OPENED the damn bag to make sure the picture on the back of the bag was the same as what was IN the bag! LOL At this point I must've looked at the clerk with the totally puzzled expression on my face and she said, "Do you think it's possible you picked up cat food by mistake last time?" Oh My Freakin' God! Are you serious? I picked up the bag of cat food to look at the picture on the back and sure enough ... Peanut had been eating cat food for a month! Poor guy. I thought his voice sounded different lately ... hopefully, I caught the mistake before he starts meowing.

Next time I'm going to be more conscious of picking up the right bag when I'm on my "mission."

No comments:

Post a Comment