Pages

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Winter Storm 2010!


Anticipating "a bit" of snow the last weekend of the month, I ran all my errands and stocked up with groceries ahead of time. We don't get snow around here very often. Lots of us actually get excited about the prospect of snow. For the most part, we get to enjoy it for a few days and then it's gone. The fluffy white stuff began to fall during the night Friday and day broke with a beautiful white covering. Bob and I had a fire going by 9am and we prepared to enjoy the day from inside.

Between watching shows we recorded on the DVR, surfing the net, knitting (that would be me) and just lounging around the day disappeared quickly. I did get my fat butt in the kitchen sometime during the afternoon to make chocolate chip cookies (that's a must do when it snows!) and a chicken broccoli casserole for dinner. Boy you should've been around to enjoy that combination of aromas in the kitchen. Chicken simmering, onions sauteing and cookies baking! Whew! I shouldn't tell you I actually had to crack open the window, should I? Honestly, those wonderful little personal summers had a small bit to do with the window thing too. :) I was just glad Bob didn't pop into the kitchen to see a window open in 20 some odd degree weather. I think he'd have had a stroke! Anyhoo, here's some shots of our snow storm:


Poor Peanut ... all day he'd ask to go out only to stand at the door and look out when it was opened. A couple of times he'd actually walk out for a foot or two and turn around to come back in. It was if he was saying, "Aw hell, I don't have to go that bad! I'll just wait a while." Needless to say, eventually he had to brave the elements. He didn't like it either. He'd stand there and look at the steps, tentatively put a foot out and turn around to try another avenue when it sunk instead of finding firm ground. We started opening the garage door for him and that worked better. Sunday morning when he and Bob went out to get the paper Peanut found a lone pine needle sticking straight up in the snow to cock his leg on. Crazy dog. He's not looking forward to the next snow, that's for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment