Pages

Friday, February 5, 2010

OMG! SOCKS!!!!!

I have wanted to make socks for forEVER!!! I did make a practice pair last winter. The ended up as decent slipper socks and that was ok, but I really wanted to make "real" socks! Don't ask me why. I don't know! But as Regina and I were leaving KnitWits early in January (yeah, don't ask me what I was doing in there either - certainly didn't "need" any yarn) Kelly happened to mention a sock class was starting in a week or two. And yes, Regina and I signed right up!! On the way out I thought, "uh oh, better call Fran and see if she wants us to sign her up before we leave." (They only take 6 in a class and the classes fill up quickly.) Yes, Fran wanted to take the class too. Started to leave again and thought, "Hmmm, wonder if Liz would be interested." Honestly, I really didn't think she would but figured I'd let her make that choice. Driving into the parking lot for the first class, she was still saying we "talked her into taking it."

Are you getting a picture? FOUR of us from S&B made up the class. We actually felt sorry for the other two ... until we met them. Rachel and Katrina fit right in with out obnoxiousness and silliness. And just let me start by saying that Kelly (our teacher) is a freakin' saint - in more ways than one! Who knew learning to knit socks could be that much fun? Who knew? LOL No really, we did a LOT of LOLing! Our class was on Tuesday nights and so it KnitWits sit and knit night. When we first arrived and saw they had put our table at the back of the store we figured they knew us better than we thought! :D We got a bit of flack upon leaving from a few of the knitters telling us we were having way too much fun "back there" to actually learn anything! But after three classes (and one extra trip up there in between classes) most of us had one completed sock!!! How cool is that?


Here is Kelly ... our teacher, saint, savior, etc. I'm telling you this woman has more patience than Job!


The bug has bitten. Regina and Liz have already started their second pair. I'm dying to cast on my next pair but have some deadline projects to complete first. Confession: I did order some more sock yarn yesterday though. :) I forgot to mention ... before we could get outta there from the last class, Fran had us signed up for another one! I'll be surprised if they don't lock the doors when they see us coming next time! :) Here's my completed pair!




No comments:

Post a Comment