Pages

Monday, September 13, 2010

The Big Game ...


Dallas - Washington Game
On the 11th Bob and I drove to Harrisonburg for a short visit with Cari before heading to the Redskin/Cowboy game in DC on Sunday.  We had a wonderful dinner at Kyoto with Cari, then ended up at the movie theater. "The Expendables" was playing at the right time and came recommended by a couple of the guys working there. We bought tickets and walked into the theater, which we pretty much had to ourselves. Long story short, it was a decent movie - not a must see, but not a complete waste of time either. It made me laugh; it also made me cover my eyes a few times. Cari and I played with my new iPod (birthday gift from Bob) the rest of the evening. I learned how to get some fun new apps and we traded music and had a wonderful time!

After having an early lunch with Cari, Bob and I headed to Fredericksburg to check into our hotel before going to the game. I think we were parked and tailgating by 5:30 or so - the game started at 8:30 so we had plenty of time. Of course Bob had his Redskin shirt on and of course I had my Cowboy shirt on. :) There were LOTS of Cowboy fans, thank goodness. We grilled some chicken breasts and hot dogs and just enjoyed the moment. Our hike to our seats was a workout. Bob was so excited to see our seats for the first time! He was like a kid at Christmas! Anyway, we all know the outcome of the game by now. It wasn't pretty. While "hiking" back to the parking lot (and I use that term loosely - it was a field) Washington fans were chanting, "Dallas Sucks!" I chanted with them. It was about 1am by the time we got out traffic and on the interstate and 2am before we were back in our room. Needless to say, we slept late Monday morning. It was a busy but fun weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment