Pages

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

more reading ...

Last week I re-read "Lake News" by Barbara Delinsky. I read it for the first time about ten years ago. When I found the sequel to it, I decided to read it again so the characters would be fresh when I read, "An Accidental Woman." Besides, do you have any idea how many books I've read in the last ten years? I couldn't begin to remember the story anyway. It was almost like reading it for the first time. I think I enjoyed it just as much reading it this time as I did ten years ago. Jumping right into "An Accidental Woman" was effortless and I breezed right through that one too. I don't think I've read a Barbara Delinsky I didn't like.

THEN I picked up "The Castaways" by Elin Hilderbrand. I'd never read anything by her before but it sounded interesting so I picked it up at Walmart. Ugh! Bad decision! I managed to make it through 100 pages before getting so disgusted and fed up with these whiney, immoral characters. For one thing, each chapter is from a different point of view. There are six different characters, actually eight but two of them are dead, who share their thoughts, memories and such. Good grief it was boring and morose! so now I've started another one by Dorthea Benton Frank,"Shem Creek." I'm only about 50 pages into it but so far, so good. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment