Pages

Thursday, September 9, 2010

Turning 50 ...

I'm not exactly how this happened either, but I turned 50 this month. Wow! There are quite a lot I like about being 50 ...

I like where I am with myself. I like that I don't feel the need to impress others or be what anyone else thinks I should be. I like where I am in my life - my ability to not punch a time clock for an employer, the luxury of being able to work my schedule to fit my day/week, being able to enjoy rainy days from inside my cozy home, etc. I like the fact that both of my daughters have grown into beautiful, compassionate, self sufficient, incredible young women - and thankfully they still "need" mom from time to time. I like that have some of the most wonderful girlfriends on the planet. They really do try to keep me sane - "try" being the main word - and sometimes it's nearly impossible. I recognize that. We've even begun naming our inner bitches - my mom named mine, "Cruella." I think that's appropriate. Anyway, that's not all I have to be thankful for but it's a good starting place.

There are also some things I'm not very thrilled with about being 50 ...

I started "falling apart" around 38. Apparently, that was my first cycle of decline so to speak. That's when all kinds of things started changing and not working quite right. I guess 48-49 was my second cycle. I got prescription glasses for the first time a couple of years ago, came off the pill at 49 (can you say hormone hell?), I have aches and pains that are really, really annoying & things just keep popping up that make me ask, "what the hell have I done to piss you (whatever particular body part) off now?" Oh and the memory thing? Oh good Lord - it's just a shame! Sometimes I start typing a sentence and can't remember the end of it! No joke! But for the most part I'm relatively healthy. I'll take that.

No comments:

Post a Comment